Tzaneen Country Lodge: the perfect #STAYCATION and #DAYCATION destination in LimpopoMonday, 15 Mar 2021
#Staycations and #daycations have become all the rage, and this is largely as a result of the restrictions placed on travel due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The restrictions have, in many cases, encouraged South Africans to look at local destinations and travel spots.
Besides the travel restrictions, staycations have become incredibly popular for a number of different reasons. You don't have to travel too far, you still get the experience of being away, you save money on travel costs, and you can relax and unwind faster. But possibly one of the biggest benefits is that you find incredible local gems and support the businesses in your area. You would be surprised at how many incredible places are just on your doorstep.
One such gem, in Limpopo, is the Tzaneen Country Lodge – which offers a little something for everyone. This jewel of a lodge boasts its own spa, bar, restaurant, animal touch farm, hiking trails, swimming pools, sprawling lawns and a whole host of different activities that will make your #staycation or #daycation one to remember.
What will your #Staycation look like at Tzaneen Country Lodge?
- Our rooms: are beautifully decorated and very comfortable. We have standard, deluxe and executive rooms perfect for a romantic weekend away or a girls weekend. We also have different family units, which are ideal for those family fun filled weekends away.
- Our restaurant: our chefs at the Baobab restaurant have created a tantalising menu that is sure to cater to everyone's preferences. Our weekly Sunday lunch buffets are also incredibly popular and go down a treat – we guarantee that you won't go hungry!
- Our Facilities: we have an array of facilities for you to enjoy, from swimming pools to our award-winning Earth spa, gym, games room and of course our cocktail bar, Mama Jo's – where there are monthly specials on drinks and cocktails. There are also some exciting activities to enjoy while at the lodge which you can find in our #daycation section.
- Our Rates: we are proud to say that we offer very affordable rates that make taking a #staycation a little easier on a budget. We currently have an amazing special running for the month of March: R900 per night for two people, including a delicious breakfast.
What does a #daycation look like at Tzaneen Country Lodge?
We understand that many people are unable to take a full #staycation over a week or weekend, which is why we offer so many different activities so you can take a full #daycation and spend quality time with family or friends. These activities will definitely make you feel like you have been away or on holiday, even if it's just for a day.
- 4-hour barge cruise
If you are looking for a birthday idea or something special to do with your friends then why not take a barge cruise on one of our amazing dams? Sip on a drink and take in the incredible views. Don't forget to order your picnic basket or book out a braai experience as part of your cruise. It’s a great day out and never disappoints!
- Hiking trails
At Tzaneen Country Lodge, we have four different hiking trails ranging from 300m to 4km. It is the perfect way for the whole family to get out into the fresh air. Once you are done, you can enjoy a delicious lunch or dinner at either the Boabab restaurant or at Mama Jo's.
- Bring your bicycle
Bring your bicycle along and explore our incredible grounds. Don't forget to challenge yourself on some of our longer trails.
We offer both catch and release and catch and keep fishing options here at the lodge. Spend a day in the sun next to one of our incredible dams. If you don't have your own rod and tackle, we have you covered, you can rent one directly from us.
Are you wanting to get onto the water? Then why not take out one of our canoes and explore the beautiful dams we have here on the property. The views are breathtaking!
We have beautiful picnic spots around the lodge where you can enjoy a lazy afternoon in the sunshine with your family and friends. We also offer an array of different picnic baskets that are sure to satisfy any and all cravings.
- Mhangela Animal Touch Farm and tea garden
If you are looking for a little #daycation fun for the little ones, why not visit the Mhangela Animal Touch Farm and tea garden. Feed the animals and let your little ones explore, play and enjoy the jungle gyms. Don't forget to order our legendary ribs and pizza, you definitely won’t regret it. It’s a great day out for the whole family!
- Pamper yourself at the Earth Spa
One of our favourite #daycation activities has to be a visit to the Earth Spa for some pampering. From massages to pedicures, we do it all. It's the perfect activity for a couple, mom and daughter or even a full friends day out. We also have some fantastic monthly specials on for March which include:
- ESSE Deep Cleansing Facial / 30min / R300 - this revitalizing facial is perfect for all skin types
- Swedish Full Body Massage / 60min / R450 - this massage works wonders for stress and tension
- Earth Spa Luxury Pedicure / 60min / R295 - stimulating exfoliation followed by a relaxing massage to improve circulation. Includes nail & cuticle attention and a dazzling nail colour
If you are looking for a #staycation or some fun #daycation activities to enjoy with family, friends, or your significant other, then look no further than Tzaneen Country Lodge. We look forward to helping you relax, unwind and spend some quality time with your loved ones.
Contact us today for more on our rates!
RESERVATION TEL: +27 (0)15 590 3992
SPA TEL: +27 (0)15 304 3290
CELL: +27 (0)72 380 777