Come and relax, rejuvenate, connect and make memories.
Tzaneen Country Lodge is well suited for a range of activities. From nature walks and bird watching, to shopping at farm stalls or enjoying some of our pristine natural riches or scenic panoramas. We offer loads of options for the adventurous tourists, cultural fundi or business traveller alike.
Resort Fee Amenities
- Bird watcher paradise – come and spend some time in our bird hide
- Fishing for young and old, experience fishermen and beginners
- If you don’t want to walk you can cycle, there are canoes for paddling, fishing or birding from the water.
- Our Barge can be used for fishing or relaxation and a reliable Ranger will ensure safe passage on our barge and assist those who need help in catching their fish.
- Serious fishermen can enjoy trophy bass fishing on a catch and release basis.
- We also have canoes for the adventure lover for an up-close fishing experience or for some outdoor exercise fun.
- Mountain biking for beginners and novices alike
- Walking trails for young and old
- Nature walks – come and enjoy our vast fauna and flora
- Those interested in the trees, birds and animals of the region can also use the trails for a wildlife activity to be remembered.
- Our beautiful wildlife includes but are not limited to giraffes, zebras and antelope.
- There are different trails of various lengths; which can be used for walking, jogging or cycling.
- Picnic spots for families & romantics
- Enjoy a picnic sundowner whilst gazing over the unforgettable Limpopo Bushveld.
- A family can combine all these activities with a picnic where we can deliver not only the picnic to the site near the water but also Grandpa and Grandma if they don’t wish to walk, paddle or ride.
- Canoes to test your beginner or adventurous abilities
- Three swimming pools to relax, have fun or cool down in
- Mhangela Animal Farm & Tea Garden, wholesome country family entertainment with an outstanding menu selection for young and old
- Small Library filled with books by local authors and more
- We have a small library in our lounge with features various authors and a touch screen computer in reception if you want to find out more about the area.
- Games Room with a pool-table, fooseball, table tennis and darts
- Board games are available at Reception for fun and relaxation.
- In the event of a rainy day our Games Room offers a pool-table, fooseball, table tennis and darts.
- Family Games Room for hours of fun
- You could be doing all this while a nanny is showing the Animal Farm and Playground to the baby or the wife is being spoilt in our Earth Spa.
- Our swimming pools relieve the boredom or the summer heat and a fitness studio is there for those who wish to use it.
We also specialize in farm tours for larger groups – for more information contact us